21ST CENTURY LEARNING
The main objective of Discovery Studio is to inspire creativity, exploration and discovery through learning centers and community building activities which grow a love for learning and develop strong character. This studio’s guides create a warm and nurturing environment that support our young heroes delight- directed learning journey.
- We use hands on manipulatives and a variety of mediums such as art, music, drama and movement to give them a concrete, sensory and developmentally ideal experience of learning.
- Exposure to different materials and activities gives each child an opportunity to understandconcepts on reading, writing and math.
- Children work at their own pace, setting and evaluating their personal goals each week.
- Mentors play an important role in this plane of development, they learn from each other and practice concepts while teaching others.
A LEARNER DRIVEN COMMUNITY
A Delight-Directed Learning environment, guided by the following principles:
- Mixed age groups which not only offer a wide range of activities to spark children’s interest but also enable children to learn from others and learn by helping others.
- Freedom for children to work at their own pace, without interruption, choosing from a range of activities that are developmentally challenging and appropriate.
- Exploration is encouraged so that children find things out for themselves, make mistakes and correct them independently.
- Respect for each child as an individual personality with unique talents.
- Respect for others, the community and the environment.