21ST CENTURY LEARNING
The main objective of Prep Studio is to develop independence and foundational skills in Math, Reading, Writing and Practical Life necessary to be autonomous and respectful learners in the Upper ES Studio.
- We use the full complement of Montessori materials to give them a concrete, sensory and developmentally ideal experience of learning.
- Exposure to different materials and activities gives each child an opportunity to understand concepts on reading, writing and math.
- Children work at their own pace, setting and evaluating their personal goals each week.
- Mentors play an important role in this plane of development, they learn from each other and practice concepts while teaching others.
A LEARNER DRIVEN COMMUNITY
- A progressive Montessori environment, guided by the following principles:
- Mixed age groups which not only offer a wide range of activities to spark children’s interest but also enable children to learn from others and learn by helping others.
- Freedom for children to work at their own pace, without interruption, choosing from a range of activities that are developmentally challenging and appropriate.
- Exploration is encouraged so that children find things out for themselves, make mistakes and correct them independently.
- Respect for each child as an individual personality with unique talents.
- Respect for others, the community and the environment.