Do you want to change the world?
If your goal is to instill your love of learning in others while advancing in your own professional growth, this is your chance to get in on the ground floor of one of the world’s most innovative schools. You will be one of the founding guides at E.S.T.EAM Academy and will work closely with the owners.
E.S.T.E.A.M Academy: an Acton Academy Affiliate will be a blend of Montessori along with Acton Academy elements such as quest-like projects with real-world application, Socratic discussions, apprenticeships and the Hero’s Journey in a student-centered, multi-age studio.
We are searching for an individual that familiar with the Montessori Method or unconventional educational models and is an out of the box thinker. Our model is a hybrid model so the school will take place three days a week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) with enrichment club opportunities on Monday and Friday. The guide is expected to work at least five days a week - three days in the studio (classroom) and two days for guided enrichment clubs on Monday and Friday. Other responsibilities include planning, documenting, communicating with School Director, and administrative tasks. During our summer camps in June and July the guide is expected to plan and run the Discovery camps.
The guide’s main role will be to move learners on a journey to understand and develop their most precious gifts, help them discover their deepest passions, and how to use them to serve others in a meaningful way that brings them joys. We believe our learners will go on to change the world in a profound way.
Position Description: The Discovery Studio Guide will work with the founders to:
- Affirm students, holding them accountable to their promises and to delivering “the best work they can do” as they discover and pursue a calling on a hero’s journey.
- Create meaningful exhibitions, ceremonies, and celebrations that reinforce the rules of engagement, personal and group covenants to provide and strengthen a safe learning community.
- Act as a role model as an independent learner on a hero’s journey
- Launch and lead Socratic discussions
- Create and launch quests (projects), including daily challenges and curating world-class examples
- Supply studio environment and set up the studio as inspiration for learning
- Incorporate Montessori materials and lessons into ‘core skills’ work time. Observe and track each child’s progress.
- Encourage young heroes to track their progress and create portfolios to show parents and peers what they can do.
- Uphold promises to students, parents and fellow Guides made in relational covenants.
- Pass along each of these responsibilities to students as quickly as possible, so as to allow students to lead themselves.
- Knowledgeable in Montessori and Project-Based Methodology
- Project-based and/or experiential learning training is helpful
- A deep curiosity about life and love of lifelong learning
- Innovative and entrepreneurial spirit
- Proven excellence in written and oral communication skills
- Evident passion for being on a Hero’s Journey.
This is a position for an independent learner who can work with little direct guidance; someone who likes to collaborate, experiment, evaluate and continually improve; someone who has a deep respect for all children believing that each human has genius within; and someone who is a flexible problem-solver. It is essential that this person can learn fast, loves to work hard and is an active reader and writer.
Our School year will begin the first week in September and is an 11-month program. We run on 6-7 week sessions with 1-2 week breaks in between sessions. The Guide will be expected to work five days a week. We are closed for 4 weeks in the summer (the month of August.)
BEGIN NOW: 3 SIMPLE STEPS
STEP 1: Take the quiz and do your research.
STEP 2: Tell us about yourself.
STEP 3: Interviews.
If you're ready to start your journey and become an apprentice guide