SPARK STUDIO (AGES 3-5)
21st century learning
SPARK: The goal of the SPARK studio (ages 3-5 / Pre-Elementary) is emotional literacy with a focus on social and emotional growth and wellness which lays the foundation for self-directed learning development. Open-ended and collaborative building projects, along with imaginative play and lots of time outside create an environment where mind, body, spirit and are cultivated and challenged. This studio’s guides create a warm and nurturing environment that support our young heroes play based learning journey.
- We use play and exploration as the primary guides in learning about our self, our environment, and each other.
- Exposure to different materials and activities gives each child an opportunity to understand concepts on reading, writing and math.
- Mentors play an important role in this plane of development, they learn from each other and practice concepts while teaching others.
A LEARNER DRIVEN COMMUNITY
A Delight-Directed Learning environment, guided by the following principles:
- Mixed age groups which not only offer a wide range of activities to spark children’s interest but also enable children to learn from others and learn by helping others.
- Freedom for children to work at their own pace, without interruption, choosing from a range of activities that are developmentally challenging and appropriate.
- Exploration is encouraged so that children find things out for themselves, make mistakes and correct them independently.
- Respect for each child as an individual personality with unique talents.
- Respect for others, the community and the environment.