The Teen Academy (ages 16+)
Define a Path
Design the Plan
Launch in to your next Great Adventure!
This program is for any Teen, whether college-bound, getting ready to travel the world, or starting their own business. The benefits of combined workspace and learning space, support and community, allows learners to create a customized learning plan with a focus on their chosen course after “High School”. Working with a mentor provides accountability, but gives the learner room needed to develop a true entrepreneurial mindset and take ownership of their journey.
** At this time we do not accept applicants in this studio that have not gone through our program. As we continue to grow and see more demand for this type of opportunity we will work to open the program once space allows.**
Personalized plans that focus on our passions and purpose, while preparing you to take the next steps on your adventure.
Gain a deeper understanding of yourself surrounded by friends and mentors who will support you along the journey.
CHANGE THE WORLD
Find your Passion. Develop strong character and relevant skills. Go out and make the world a better place!
21st century learning
THE TEEN ACADEMY: Our Teen Academy (ages 16+ / Upper HS) allows each Hero to design a unique and personalized path that is designed to get them ready for “real-world” success by gaining specific and valuable skills, mastering them through apprenticeships, advanced classes and certification programs, and/or launching real startups, businesses, and projects.
- Use of Academy space for work and individual study. (between 9am-4pm)
- Shared Desk Space / Shared Work Space
- Mentor / Accountability Coach (meets each session to track goals, and as needed during the course of study)
- Customized Learning Plan, Certifications, and Portfolio creation
- Leadership and Community Service opportunities
A LEARNER DRIVEN COMMUNITY
Extraordinary people. Each focusing on a passion, learning at his or her own pace. Working hard. Playing hard. Developing strong character while learning 21st century skills through real world projects.
- Written promises and covenants that form a tightly bound community of individuals learning to form authentic friendships and honestly resolve interpersonal problems.
- Mentor teams encourage younger and older students to listen, affirm, set goals and hold each other accountable.
- “Learn to Be” badges that celebrate character and completing leadership challenges.
- Real World Apprenticeships develop and enhance required Life Skills and open opportunities for career paths.
SHOW THE WORLD WHAT YOU CAN DO
Audition to join an extraordinary team.
Discover your gifts and passions and use them to find a calling.
Take control of your life, so you’ll never again be trapped in an ordinary place.
WHY AUDITION FOR E.S.T.E.A.M ACADEMY?
- Each individual at E.S.T.E.A.M Academy matters so we want to know WHO YOU ARE.
- Because we only have a few spots, reserved for extraordinary people. We need to know what you’re made of and that you’ll never give up.
- Most schools solicit applications; we’re a learning community that only accepts commitments from people who believe they are going to change the world. You have to prove yourself if you want a starring role in life.
Are you willing to take control of your education, work hard, and challenge yourself?
Click on the links below to watch their TED talks.
Founder of Khan Academy visiting Acton Academy., Austin TX
Founder of School In The Cloud visiting Acton Academy.
Co-Founder of Acton Academy & Middle School Guide.
TAKE THE FIRST STEP
YOUR AUDITION: 3 SIMPLE STEPS
Complete your research and begin work on your formal entry.
Complete your entry, including audition submission.