Inspire Kids in E.S.T.E.A.M:
Entrepreneurship, Science, Technology, Engineering, The Arts & More
Are you a E.S.T.E.A.M enthusiast or educator looking to become a member of our Education Team? Do you like inspiring students with real world, hands-on, project-based learning? Do you enjoy learning about entrepreneurship, the arts, technology and/or outdoor education and exciting a future generation? E.S.T.E.A.M Academy is a hands-on, projected based education center based in Round Rock, Texas and we’re looking for motivated program guides (instructors) to join our team, teach classes, and develop curriculum.
As an After School / Summer Camp Program Guide, you are a navigator of student-driven learning focusing on kids PreK – 12th grade. You are forward thinking and always mindful of putting the needs of each individual student first. Your goal will be to instill a love of learning in students and guide them to pursue their passions while building community. You will collaborate with the Head of School, Program Director and other guides to create and execute Summer Camps, After School Classes and Enrichment Clubs.
E.S.T.E.A.M Academy: an Acton Academy Affiliate will be a blend of Montessori along with Acton Academy elements such as quest-like projects with real world application, Socratic discussions, apprenticeships and the Hero’s Journey in a student-centered, multi-age studio.
We will launch Fall 2019 and are searching for a individuals that familiar with the Montessori Method or unconventional educational models and is an out of the box thinker.
After School Classes are held at Various locations around Round Rock and the Greater Austin area Monday – Friday from 2:30pm – 4:30pm between September – May.
Summer Camps run 5 days a week between June – August at our main facility in Round Rock, as well as, numerous locations around the Greater Austin area.
Position Description: Why Join the tribe?
- Knowledgeable in Alternative educational methods and Project-Based Methodology
- Project-based and/or experiential learning training is helpful
- A deep curiosity about life and love of lifelong learning
- Experience instructing groups of children. Infectious enthusiasm that fosters innovation and creativity in kids’ learning.
- Willingness to do some travel to offsite locations locally to teach inspiring programs.
- Interest and background in one or more of the following areas: entrepreneurship, science, technology, programming, engineering, movie making, performing arts, homesteading, visual arts, outdoor education, physical fitness and____________. Let us know what you’re passionate about!
- Innovative and entrepreneurial spirit
- Proven excellence in written and oral communication skills
- Evident passion for being on a Hero’s Journey.
This is a position for an independent learner who can work with little direct guidance; someone who likes to collaborate, experiment, evaluate and continually improve; someone who has a deep respect for all children believing that each human has genius within; and someone who is a flexible problem-solver. It is essential that this person can learn fast, loves to work hard and is an active reader and writer.
EMAIL your RESUME, REFERENCES & A COVER LETTER to email@example.com